WASTE NOT - WANT NOT
Left-Over Posts? Snippets Not Quite Meaty Enough On Their Own To Make A Satisfying Post?
This Is The Place To Come To Use Them Up.

Monday 19 April 2010

One question, so many different answers

I am not a person with any organised religious faith, in fact I suspect I am an example of the true agnostic.  I just don't know.  I respond powerfully to the natural world, music, literature and art which I suppose are all forms of the spiritual.  Quite a few of the people who follow me and comment are clearly people with a strong religious faith.  I am not sure why that is.  I sometimes feel that I should make it clear that I am just here in the moment, now, trying to do my best with no rational hope of the afterlife.  I wonder if I am somehow conning people if my personal absence of conviction is not spelt out.  And then I think I might be just disappearing up my own backside.
So here we go: I recognise their faith.  In my own way I admire it.  I don't share it.  This does not mean that the beauty of this world does not shake my soul, and who would own to having a soul who was a pure rationalist!
yours

confused of Cymru