WASTE NOT - WANT NOT
Left-Over Posts? Snippets Not Quite Meaty Enough On Their Own To Make A Satisfying Post?
This Is The Place To Come To Use Them Up.

Saturday 8 January 2011

I'll try this joke on you in the vague hope you haven't heard it before, like everyone else I know has

Any of you who read my blog will know that I often talk about fish and chips.  Fish and chips always remind me of a great little phonological joke I know.  I tell it at every social occasion and everyone who knows me groans.  (Or maybe they just groan anyway to find that I'm there.)

A man walks into a fish and chip shop and says, 'Can I have a steak and kiddly pie and chips, please?'

The assistant says, 'Steak and kiddly?  Don't you mean steak and kidney?'

And the man replies, 'I said that, diddle I?'

Try saying the joke out loud.  It's so SATISFYING.