If I were diabolical, I would post these on Christmas Night, when everybody’s brain is in a fog from too much food and drink. However, since I will be in the same state and wouldn’t remember to do that, they’re going up now. Each phrase is a clue to a well-known Christmas carol. Good luck! (Answers will be posted….later. Depends how desperate you get.)
1. Move hitherward the entire assembly of all who are loyal in their belief.
2. Listen, the celestial messengers produce harmonious sounds.
3. Nocturnal time-span of unbroken quietness
4. An emotion excited by the acquisition or expectation of good, given to the celestial sphere
5. The Christmas preceding all others
6. Small municipality in Judea, south of Jerusalem.
7. Diminutive masculine master of skin covered percussionistic cylinders.
8. Omnipotent, Supreme Being who elicits respite to ecstatic distinguished males.
9. The first person normative plural of a triumvirate of Far Easter n heads of state.
10. Obese personification fabricated of compressed mounds of crystallized vapour.
11. Geographic state of fantasy during the season of mother nature’s dormancy
12. 12 Tintinnabulation of vacillating pendulums in inverted, metallic, resonant cups
13. In a distant location, the existence of an improvised unit of a newborn’s slumber furniture.
14. Proceed forth declaring upon a specific geological formation
15. Quadruped with a crimson probiscus
16. Adorn the vestibule
17. Cherubim audited from aloft
18. Hallowed Post-Meridan
19. Fantasia of a colourless December 25
20. A dozen 24 hour Yule periods
21. Befell during a transparent witching hour
22. Desire a pair of incisors on the day of Natal celebration
23. I spied my maternal parent osculating Father Christmas
24. Joyful Yuletide desired for the second person singular, by us!
Merry Christmas, Everyone!