Pets are an important part of the lives of many of us, and we will all be tempted to spoil them just a little bit
by giving them a "treat". It might be a good idea to remember that there are forbidden foods which we should never give our pets at any time:
Macadamia nuts can cause poisoning and are often found in biscuits.
Raisins, sultanas and grapes can be poisonous to pets as they potentially contain a fungal toxin. NO christmas pudding or mince pies for your dog please, not even a little leftover bit.
Onions and garlic contain a chemical which can damage the red blood cells and create skin issues in dogs.
Chocolate and caffeine are highly dangerous as they contain high levels of stimulants such as theobromine and caffeine. Watch those low flying chocolate ornaments and a box of chocolates left where the dog can reach them. You know he will scoff the lot.
Stuffing and cream have also been known for making cats and dogs ill because of their high fat content.
This is advice I was given by a Vet.
Afterwards - 4th and final part
1 day ago