WASTE NOT - WANT NOT
Left-Over Posts? Snippets Not Quite Meaty Enough On Their Own To Make A Satisfying Post?
This Is The Place To Come To Use Them Up.

Monday 19 July 2010

Once every six weeks isn’t nearly often enough.

 

 

Eyes closed to keep out all

but the feel of fingers stroking, lifting,

assuming their brief intimacy with my scalp,

contracting like skin on a cat’s back,

luxuriating in the uncommon.

 

Crisp scissors flash and dart, withdraw to contemplate their work;

the silken hiss of blades perfectly met

touches a rare place inside my brain

that perceives the sound exquisite, 

a tiny aural climax.     

 

If my hair grew faster, I would come more often

to offer my head to the hands of another

or I could just pay for another hour, asking to pretend, 

prolonging the pleasure,

as good as the prelude to sex.

 

 

-DS