WASTE NOT - WANT NOT
Left-Over Posts? Snippets Not Quite Meaty Enough On Their Own To Make A Satisfying Post?
This Is The Place To Come To Use Them Up.

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Warning: Poetry Ahead

 

What Humans Do

The candle-lit
after dinner
careful screw,
the under-the-moon
shooby doo
be doo groove,
the from behind,
the sixty-nine,
the is there time,
the I need wine,
the twisted talking
dirty grind,
the Erica Jong
zipless screw,
the I got somethin'
to prove ruse,
the big bang,
the power game,
the long play,
the itchy-ish, sudden-ish
roll in the hay,
the take me away,
the once a week
married way,
the hail mary
holy-joe-
I-can't- believe-
my-luck hump,
the side to side
slow pump,
the grudge fuck,
the quick poke,
the hard core,
the tenderest lap
of waves on the shore,
and the gushing rushing
endless coming
of I've never felt
this way before.

 

Wendy Videlock

(First published in Poetry Magazine)