- Sometimes, usually on Mondays, I think the Uniform Monday Holiday Act is one of the greatest favors my federal government ever did for me.
- This winter hasn't been so bad. I just guaranteed a major, major spell of bad weather before it's over.
- If you should ever have a toenailectomy ask for nonstick dressing.
- Snow, falling or grounded, is more breathtaking when going out into it is optional.
- I check my email at least 80% more often than is necessary.
- I have received some gifts that I treasure although I have never made use of them. A beautiful blank-paged book covered in silky, vibrant colors and a quill pen are among them.
- It never fails that I build up the wood fire and don a fleece top within the same hour, and then sweat until the fire dies down. I rarely change that one article of clothing.
- Chocolate covered strawberries should be stored in the refrigerator and brought to room temperature before eating.
- A temporary facial tic, near one's eye, for example, is never so apparent to other people as it feels from the inside.
- The novels that I read affect how I conduct my life. Yesterday I read the last page of Gap Creek and mopped all the downstairs floors. I should read more books that detail hard work and an accepting attitude toward it.
- I am glad I began using moisturizer around my eyes in my twenties, long before I needed it.
- One should never climb up a stool or ladder to see how dirty the tops of tall things are unless one is also prepared to undertake the cleaning of those surfaces.
Afterwards - 4th and final part
1 day ago