- Sometimes, usually on Mondays, I think the Uniform Monday Holiday Act is one of the greatest favors my federal government ever did for me.
- This winter hasn't been so bad. I just guaranteed a major, major spell of bad weather before it's over.
- If you should ever have a toenailectomy ask for nonstick dressing.
- Snow, falling or grounded, is more breathtaking when going out into it is optional.
- I check my email at least 80% more often than is necessary.
- I have received some gifts that I treasure although I have never made use of them. A beautiful blank-paged book covered in silky, vibrant colors and a quill pen are among them.
- It never fails that I build up the wood fire and don a fleece top within the same hour, and then sweat until the fire dies down. I rarely change that one article of clothing.
- Chocolate covered strawberries should be stored in the refrigerator and brought to room temperature before eating.
- A temporary facial tic, near one's eye, for example, is never so apparent to other people as it feels from the inside.
- The novels that I read affect how I conduct my life. Yesterday I read the last page of Gap Creek and mopped all the downstairs floors. I should read more books that detail hard work and an accepting attitude toward it.
- I am glad I began using moisturizer around my eyes in my twenties, long before I needed it.
- One should never climb up a stool or ladder to see how dirty the tops of tall things are unless one is also prepared to undertake the cleaning of those surfaces.
dogs and the lack thereof, and what to do about it
23 hours ago