WASTE NOT - WANT NOT
Left-Over Posts? Snippets Not Quite Meaty Enough On Their Own To Make A Satisfying Post?
This Is The Place To Come To Use Them Up.

Monday 1 March 2010

We Did It !!!!!

The End of The Game

I’ve never been a fan of a game where the players have to suit themselves up like the Michelin man just so they can get off the ice alive.

But last night’s match between Canada and the USA, in Olympic City, formerly known as Vancouver? I just wish I’d been there, although the last minute price for a seat to put your bum was rumoured to be in the region of $60,000! 

That hockey game now means that Canada has more gold medals than any other country has ever won in the Olympics.   It also means that I will allow myself a day or two to be thoroughly un-Canadian in my flag-waving, chest-beating, full-throated patriotism. 

O Canada, our home and native land

True patriot love in all thy sons command

With glowing hearts we see thee rise, the true North strong and free

From far and wide, O Canada, we stand on guard for thee. 

God keep our land glorious and free

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee…

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.